Yoga is for hard people?

One of the most common problems that people make yoga is the body is not tough.
Through the media images, the Yogis appear as capable magicians. Therefore, new yoga practitioners often have misunderstandings and misunderstandings. They believe that yoga is the pursuit of endurance for the body. Therefore, many people with rigid body thought of abandoning Yoga.
As a yoga teacher, I kept listening to comments such as, "I'm not so flexible so I can not practice yoga." I said to them, "No, Yoga has nothing to do with flexibility."
They look at me as I do not know anything about Yoga, but such reactions are normal. For those who do not understand, Yoga is a kind of exercise for young people and dancers.
Thought it was not accurate. Yoga for the tough. It is also suitable for both the elderly and the young, both male and female. Yoga is for everyone, every body.
If you practice yoga long enough, you will become resilient - it is a side effect of its greater purpose: spiritual evolution.
However, in this article, I will only talk about the starting point of Yoga journey with practicing postures on the practice mat. Yoga is for the hard person if you grasp the three principles:
  1. The body needs time to be supple
If you are starting with a rigid body, please be patient. We have to give it time to become more resilient. You will see your progress after some yoga, especially when you practice several times a week.
As a beginner, your fingers can be several inches from your toes when performing a posture. Or the implementation of the posture is quite difficult. With harder postures such as post-itching and postures, we need a lot of time and practice to get results.
I started yoga at the age of 18. As women the theory, the body must be quite flexible, but I was the exception. I am healthy, regular exercise but yoga poses cause me to move in very unnatural ways. The posture shows that my body is very hard. I found the practice very difficult.
My first attempt to perform a wheel posture did not yield results. I did not have enough plastic to lift myself off the ground. Like I'm stuck on the floor and never able to do that. It takes a lot of training time, and I can gradually improve. I try and step by step, one by one to lift people off the ground.
At the moment, I'm a retired professional and sometimes other yoga enthusiasts are impressed by my flexibility. I'm plasticizer? I can not believe this in the early days of Yoga practice. The only problem is time.
And patience. Be patient, consistent and you will have results. Yoga gradually strengthens the muscles of the body. It relaxes muscles, relieves pain as a kind of self-massage. Then you will see the endurance gradually, bit by bit and eventually you will reach the plasticity that you desire.
  1. Do not compete with others
Non-plasticists tend to or threaten themselves, putting them at risk of injury.
My ex-boyfriend (Matt) is a good example. Matt is healthy and wants to do yoga. He started his yoga journey by joining me in Power Yoga classes.
Every move and exercise goes beyond his ability and toughness. However, with the mentality of a person who has practiced, he does not accept himself as a person. Therefore, he wanted to show himself in Power Yoga class. He was shocked by these classes so hard - just like in my early days of yoga - but he still tried.
We are close to each other. I watched Matt glance over him. I'm afraid his body will break. You keep doing, doing and doing. If the body does not want to go into an asana, he does not care and squeezes it. The face is reddened, sweaty, panting. Even so, if anyone else in the class is doing any posture, he is willing to do it.
The total class is one and a half hours. Matt not only competes with other students but also competes with himself. He is willing to sacrifice the integrity of his present physical structure to satisfy the ego. Fortunately, he is not injured, but this is the way he is most injured when practicing yoga
I have witnessed this behavior frequently with both men and women. Ironically, it's a very non-Yoga competition. Yoga has nothing to compete with other people or with yourself. This is a personal process and is measured by the physical ability of each person. If you put the I in the exercise, the injury is very easy.
You have to try to get the one aside, especially when you are not really tough. Accept the fact that your body is not able to fold now but it will work if you work hard.
Do not look at how people practice unless it is a class between students. Focus on yourself and be kind to yourself. Yoga is not a competition.
  1. Thanks for help from others
Each asana Yoga can be changed in innumerable ways to fit into a myriad of different bodies. If you have difficulty with posture, do not hesitate to ask for help.
The teachers are always enthusiastic and willing to support when their students need it. They are specially trained to know how to adjust the position to suit each body. They do not want the students to put themselves in difficult or painful positions. They want you to practice safely, comfortably and develop over time.
But the I can be an obstacle when you want someone to help. This is my real experience.
My hard hips make me feel so feminine. I glanced around the room and thought my hips were even harder than the male practitioners in the class. I was afraid to ask the teacher for help. As a result, I spent more time practicing and less posture.
Currently, despite having practiced for 13 years, I am not afraid to ask for help in the classroom. I took advantage of the opportunity to learn with the teachers to make more variations fit his body. And I also encourage all my students to do so.
Yoga is for hard people but it needs proper adjustments for each body. This is normal. So, leave aside the I and raise the question boldly. Teachers will be happy to help their students.
No matter how tough you are, be patient, do not compete and compare yourself with others or with yourself, do not be afraid to ask others for help. You will become supple and other benefits of Yoga will come to you as well.
Exerting your ability to easily lead to unfortunate injuries, take note to limit this to you! .

0 comments:

Post a Comment